Senior Events Manager – New York, NY
As the Senior Events Manager you will help tell the OVERTURE story through engaging corporate events. This role will collaborate across all internal stakeholders as well as external partners and customers. Utilizing creativity balanced with high levels of organization this role will help deliver the OVERTURE brand experience.
The Senior Events Manager supports his/her manager to conceptualize and deliver a corporate event strategy that aligns with business goals and the company's agenda worldwide.
- Participate in strategic event planning which includes the development and execution of all components of events.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the event process: assisting in negotiations, contracts, logistics, booth/space needs and design, ideation, staff, collateral, vendors, shipments, invoices, signage, schedules and timelines as assigned.
- Work closely with internal managers to integrate the strategic vision of each event.
- Monitor event budgets to ensure financial success of each event -- includes timely processing of invoices, monitoring of spending to budgeted levels, and delivering post-event recaps.
- Create and implement an event calendar for all organizational events.
- Prepare and present in a professional and persuasive manner when presenting new events, recruiting vendors, communicating with OVERTURE leadership and other departments.
- Partner with Communication Team to schedule, create, and launch communications to create awareness and/or promote events.
- Set clear accountability, standards, guidelines, tools, work flows, and best practices for team to use in order to be successful.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process for assigned projects.
- Own related event aspects such as collateral, signage, giveaway inventory, messaging and branding, and speaking engagements when assigned.
- Actively participate and present in various meetings as necessary.
- Minimum of 3-5 years with either direct experience in small to large scale onsite events logistics management or experience in offsite event planning or event management.
- Prior corporate event expertise required; should have vendor contacts and be well-versed in all event terminology and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to travel (travel will vary, potentially up to 25%); ability to work a flexible schedule (occasional evenings and weekends).
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high level of professionalism.
- Ability to successfully accomplish projects with limited supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to adhere to budgets, assist in negotiations, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work "smart" and efficiently in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.