Account Executive, Global Partnerships - New York, NY
OVERTURE's Partnerships Team works with leading organizations and agencies to celebrate brands, share compelling stories, and highlight efforts and thought leadership.
OVERTURE is seeking a New York-based Account Executive for our Partnerships Team to initiate and manage new accounts, create unique and valuable partnership proposals, execute strategic marketing plans, and drive revenue.
If you enjoy cultivating and owning partner relationships, have at least three years of experience in business development/sales, and are inspired by OVERTURE's mission, then this role is ideal for you. This position reports directly to the CEO.
The Account Executive's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Team to identify digital and experiential new business opportunities and develop innovative, integrated proposals to secure sponsorships.
- Build and maintain relationships with key accounts by establishing tailored strategic marketing plans, growing existing product offerings, and introducing new product opportunities to targets.
- Provide regular sales pipeline updates to the Team to accurately capture all sales activity.
- Attend industry events and develop relationships with clients and media agencies.
- Track business expenses in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development and/or sales.
- Fluency in digital media, video, mobile, display, and social platforms in the context of ad sales.
- Past experience with ad-buying agencies.
- Proven relationships with clients.
- Well-regarded in the marketplace with a network of contacts amongst relevant potential partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Communications-related field preferred.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel, and Keynote.
- A desire to build and nurture healthy internal and external relationships.
- Highly organized, confident self-starter with professional demeanor and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- A love and respect of data and analytics reporting and insights.
- An ability to independently research, identify, and qualify prospects using a variety of techniques including online research and face-to-face networking.
- Comfort in developing and selling creative, abstract ideas to senior corporate executives using consultative approach.
- Excellent capacity to learn quickly, think on the fly, and self-teach as required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of core marketing principles.
- Proactive and goal-oriented, with strong willingness to learn and constantly improve.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.